Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCruise Travel · 8 months ago

What is the use of a floating cruise ship?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

to float........and cruise. 

• 8 months ago

I would not want to be on a ship that does not float.

• pmt853
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Because they both aren't half a duck. Many ducks float.

• 8 months ago

It's a fast hotel in odd spots. Some older out dated ships are parked for this purpose. They still float but, are not leaving just another purpose for the ship.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Den B7
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

It's hard to make a profit from sunken cruise ships.

• 8 months ago

I'm assuming you actually mean something along the lines of "why do people go on cruises".  Cruising isn't for everyone.  If your idea of a vacation is hiking the Rubicon carrying everything with you and sleeping in a tent, then cruising probably isn't for you.  

When you cruise, you unpack once, and wake up each day somewhere new.  You don't have time to really dig into the culture, but you can see a lot, and get a feel for a place.  I've cruised to some very cool places and then done a land vacation there.  

Cruising can also be budget friendly.  All your meals are included, as is a lot of the entertainment.  You can meet loads of people, and it's very low-stress.  You don't have to drive, find places to eat, figure out directions, etc.  Ever gone to the beach with kids and had it rain?  Trying to entertain kids on vacation when the weather sucks is awful.  Not a problem in a cruise ship. Even if it's raining, there's plenty to do.

I also do land vacations.  They require considerably more planning and budget considerations than cruising. But they do afford you the opportunity to get much more in touch with the local culture.  We generally do two, two week vacations a year, a cruise and a land vacation.  I enjoy both, but each has it's pros and cons. 

• 8 months ago

Because the non floating cruise ships are no fun to travel on.

• 8 months ago

Most ships float. They would't be much use if they didn't. 

A ship gives passengers a place to sleep and enjoy themselves while they move from one destination to another. It's much more pleasant than being cooped up in a noisy plane. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

they're good for making money off tourists

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.