Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 8 months ago

Debit card accidental fraud dispute?

I’ve called my bank a few days ago to file a dispute on a fraudulent charge on my debit card but have just realized it was a mistake and was my own purchase. I haven’t gotten my dispute filing papers in the mail yet but have already gotten the $25 (that I suspected was fraud) back from my bank. Who do i call to undo this? I don’t want to get myself into trouble.

3 Answers

  • A
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    call the same number you called to report the fraud

  • Judy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    The same number you called to report it

  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

    Easy, call the bank & be totally honest. No harm no foul. Assuming you return the $25 SOON.

    The $25 you got was not for keeps, it was temporary and they will want it back when you tell them there was no fraud. (Or if they figured it out on their own)

    Screw a bank out of even $25? You cant open another checking or savings account for 7 years.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.