Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 8 months ago

Can a 4.5 (.177 Cal) air gun pellet Going 250Fps Hurt Someone?

Im thinking about getting an air pistol with the details from above. I dont think I have the Balls or will power to kill someone no matter who they are, but I just want something for self defense to weaken someone or stop them if they broke into my house. Can a .117 Cal Air pellet going 250fps hurt someone?

Update:

Keep in mind Im not too familiar with guns at all. So please Dont say “If you shoot him in the eye, you might penetrate...” Im lucky if i get a body shot at best lol

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

For self defense that is a bad idea.  You might get lucky & put out an eye, but other than that you'll just piss them off.  There is actually a school of thought that a 9mm is unreliable for self defense; I don't adhere to that theory, but definitely do not get a pellet gun if your object is defending your castle. 

• 8 months ago

Are tasers an option where you live? If they are legal you should look into that, and if not there are non/less lethal options that are more effective then a pellet gun.

For example, beanbag rounds or something like that. I'm no expert, but if you Google non-lethal or crowd control weapons you should be able to find what you're looking for.

• 8 months ago

A corollary to ' never bring a knife to a gunfight' is ' have enough gun'.

You don't.

• 8 months ago

I will hurt enough to really piss them off enough to rip the gun out of your hand and shove it up your @ss. Not every home intruder is going to be a snowflake. A little sting of pain is not going to stop them and will only enrage them.

Using a weapon is pointless unless it will have some chance of physically stopping them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Guns are very dangerous. Amazon will stop selling them soon as they are banned.

• AndyF
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

Maybe you should consider another type of defense. Pepper spray is effective in most cases ( a gun isn't 100% effective either ). You can buy it in a two pack, a small one to carry on you and a larger one with a sticky spray and UV dye to keep at home. You can also get training spray to practice with. There is a proper way to use it effectively.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.