Is this a future-proof gaming PC build?

CPU: Intel Core i5-9400F 6-Core 2.9GHz

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 XFX GTS XXX 8GB

RAM: 8GB DDR4

This build's specifications exceed the recommended system requirements for Mortal Kombat 11 but I don't think that's any method to confirm whether this build is future proof or not.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Sad to say, but there is no such thing as a future-proof computer of any kinds, all of the parts you install will be outdated in 12 to 14 months if not sooner.

• 8 months ago

no such thing. technology is obsolete in 6 months

• 8 months ago

There is no such thing as "future proof PCs"  technology is always changing and the next big thing to change in technology is just right around the corner

• Dick
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I would probably opt for the i5-9600k since it's speeds range from 3.7 to 4.6 Ghz. It's a bit more "foolproof" for what's coming in the future. It just depends on how long you think "future-proof" is.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

20 years from now it will be a door stop.

Core i7 3Ghz is out there as is 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3 Ghz

1Tb SSD are common now, so you are already slipping beyond the times.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

These are pathetic specs. 

• keerok
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You don't have to think that far enough to realize there really is no such thing as "future-proof".

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

RX 580 is only rank #57 and year 2017 graphics card and has higher heat than newer cards and should have a good 600 watt power supply.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-La...

i5-9400F is OK, but AMD Ryzen tends to be better value now.

new pcs tend to use 16gb ram as 2x8gb in a level you show.

Mortal Kombat 11 has fairly low recommended requirements compared with some other games.

I would want to see your choices. Don't let video ram amount fool you.

Your 3 parts are US$330 in the usa

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FLYz6R

In 1080p gaming, a GTX 1650 SUPER approximates an RX 580 8GB and they are about the same price. The GTX 1650 Super is about 100 watts power or so, but the RX 580 is about 185 watts.

Certainly, a GTX 1650 SUPER is not "Future proof" and neither is rx 580.

It is a decent build, but country and source of what you are choosing can improve it.

• 8 months ago

No system is "future proof" since no one can predict that.

Source(s): My classes' college students 25 years ago asked what is future of computers. "implanted at birth" was what I answered. Not happened yet, but there are lots of small steps happening in that direction. My cousin has an internal defibrillator. There are on-board medication pumps, digital retinas, cochlear implants, and cordless digestive tract cameras. Wearable computers are in an early stage. They are powered by clothing.
  • 8 months ago

Not really. Easily outmatched.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.