Is it proper on my part to offer a peg of alcohol to drink to my friend's daughter on her 18th birthday?

Will it be considered that I am encouraging her to become addicted to it

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Get her drunk and then you can do what you want.

• 8 months ago

I believe most parents prefer to introduce their kids to alcohol themselves. I'd back off that idea and keep a friend.

• 8 months ago

In most (not all) places it would be illegal as your giving a substance to someone who is not of legal age.

There are places where 18 is the legal drinking age.

It is proper? That's a different question. If legal, she's an adult and if she wants it, that's fine. Forcing it on her or giving it to her underage would not be considered proper.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You may, just have the party alcohol free to be on the safe side, if you are in the uk she is legal to drink at 18.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

If you do, it's only legal to do inside your own home.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I don't know what a “peg” of alcohol is!

If you are thinking of offering her an alcoholic drink then it would depend on the context. If your friend's daughter was having a party where there was a licensed bar and she was drinking anyway then I don't see much wrong with offering to buy her a drink.

On the other hand if you just called in at her home to deliver a card or present, offering a swig of brandy from your hip flask might not be considered “proper”.

I don't know how you encourage someone to “become addicted” to alcohol.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yes she's too young. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.