Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 month ago

Took out a title loan threw loanmaxx? Default on the loan but they haven’t taken my car?

I took out a title loan about 3 years ago to get a few things fixed on my car I took out a 2,000 loan. I put 1600 into the car then the cylinder ended up framing and now I need a new engine. Not putting that type of money into it so I told loan max to come take the car I was done pissing money into this thing. They said they won’t take it. I’ve called multiple times for them to take it even said I will be charging them a 20$ storage fee a day since they own the title and the car. So long story short they car has been sitting for 2 years now and I don’t know what to do with it. Junk yards won’t take it without a title people are scared to buy it without the title. I don’t know what to do. Is there a way to get the title back without paying the loan so I have that right since it’s been siting abandon for 2 years? 

Push it out in the street after removing any evidence that its yours. It will be towed and out of your way.

You are silly if you think carmax has an obligation to repo your piece of junk.

LOL, you talk about your rights, how about their right to be repaid?

• Elizabeth1 month agoReport

Situation had been handled thank you though 

• Edna

You can't get the title back from the loan company, not until you pay the loan company what you still owe them, plus all the interest over the last 2 years.

• Edna
      1 month agoReport

Elizabeth, the interest on a  loan doesn't stop just because the borrower defaulted on the loan (stopped making payments). The interest continues to accumulate until the loan is paid in full. 

You have no grounds to charge Loan Max storage fees.  A contract needs the consent of both parties.

They may come and take the car.  They may just abandon it and pursue a money judgment against you.

"...it's been siting abandon ..."?  Don't write your own legal papers if you are sued.

• Edna
      1 month agoReport

That's fine, Elizabeth. Now, you'll owe a debt collector whatever amount you still owe Loan Max, PLUS the accumulated interest. 

You seem to think giving them the car will mean you no longer owe them any money.....WRONG.

If they DID take the car, they would auction it off for maybe 300 dollars, and sue you for 1700 dollars. They would  win, and then contact your employer to garnish your wages.

• Elizabeth1 month agoReport

No that’s not what I’m saying I know I just want the car gone it’s been sitting for 2 year I even offered them 40$ a week and they said no. 

• Scott

You are being arrogant and stupid. They don't want your p.o.s. car, they want you to repay the money they loaned you. The money you are legally obligated to pay. I can guarantee you having the car towed to them will not go the way you seem to think it will. Just pay them what you owe before they get a judgment and garnish your paychecks.

They won't tow the car away, because it's not worth the cost of towing.  But they won't let you sell it either.

By the sound of your question, you think you've got Loanmaxx by the balls.  They have a registered lien on your rusted out / broken down vehicle, and they can come and repossess it any time they want.  But look down, because those balls in that vice are yours.  

Is this stinking rusty ball and chain shackled to their leg, or yours?  Hint: It's not stinking up their driveway, it's stinking up yours.  If they come and repo it, they'll have to deal with trying to sell a car nobody (not even a junk yard) wants to buy.  If they leave it with you, none of that is their problem.  It's yours.

Almost makes you want to pay off the measly few hundred you still owe them, just to get that smelly eyesore out of your driveway, doesn't it?  And that's the pair of aces Loanmaxx has in their hand.

• Edna
      1 month agoReport

Nope. The loan company will just add whatever it costs them to get the car towed away from their front door to the amount of the lawsuit they file against him. 

• May

Of course the loan company doesn't want it.  They would have trouble getting rid of it the same as you are having trouble getting rid of it.

There is no way to get the title back unless you pay off the loan like you agreed to when you begged the less than honest, fly by night "title loan company" to lend you the money. 

Some somewhat "shady" salvage yards will take it without a title. Be warned.  They will likely charge you for picking it up though.   Start calling some yards.

THROUGH, not threw

• Elizabeth1 month agoReport

Have aaa sweetie so free tow. I’ll tow it to their front door

They likely already made money from your loan.  And they do not own the title.  Your name is still on it.  They are just keeping it with a lien.   You will need to go their office and pay the loan in full or you are not getting anything. 

They are not worried.  The registration and title is in your name.  They do not want your car.  They want the loan to be paid.  They can also give you the title for an additional fee  but it will have lien on it.  Good luck selling or disposing a car with a lien.  If you still do not comprehend that, I do not know what else to tell you.

• Elizabeth1 month agoReport

Yes. The issue is solved the rest of the money I owe them is in default so a debt collector is taking car of it now not loan max but if I get the car towed to them they will Auction the car off what ever they get for it will go toward my bill then just have to pay the remaining balance