Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 10 months ago

People have called me intellectual.I dont read philosophy.Why am I intellectual?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Liz
    Lv 6
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Intellect involves the mind, how it's used to make decisions, formulate ideas, etc. The apostle Paul reminded Christians that Jehovah views “the wisdom of the wise men” and the “intelligence of the intellectual men” of the day as foolish. (1 Corinthians 1:19)

Source(s): jw.org
  • j153e
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Perhaps you respond more with your thought than your emotion?

Related:

Understanding Yourself, by Mark Prophet

The Slightest Philosophy, by Quee Nelson;

For Couples Only, by Shaunti Feldhahn;

Youth:  Creators of the Future, by Omraam Aivanhov;

101 Things All Young Adults Should Know, by Sir John Hawkins.

• If you have to ask...you probably aren't.

• 10 months ago

Good grief!  Not to be insulting,  but the first thing that comes to mind, which to me is obvious, and also one that would immediately occur to an intellectual: why don't you ask them?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • P
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Because it's a step up from being anonymous 

• snafu
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Purely anecdotal, so we need some evidence of your intellectualness to make a judgement on your level of intellectualality and whether this is true or a wicked lie caused by yourself and the internet in cahoots.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I don't know you, nor have I spoken to you - so I really couldn't say why someone might call you an intellectual..  

• 10 months ago

Is that commonly used word, how many people have called you that. Also, am I a dumbass for not knowing what that word means?

• 10 months ago

Sound like it has nothing to do with you.  It's just that you hang around with very stupid people.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.