Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 10 months ago

People have called me intellectual.I dont read philosophy.Why am I intellectual?

• Liz
    Favorite Answer

Intellect involves the mind, how it's used to make decisions, formulate ideas, etc. The apostle Paul reminded Christians that Jehovah views “the wisdom of the wise men” and the “intelligence of the intellectual men” of the day as foolish. (1 Corinthians 1:19)

Source(s): jw.org
  • j153e

Perhaps you respond more with your thought than your emotion?

Related:

Understanding Yourself, by Mark Prophet

The Slightest Philosophy, by Quee Nelson;

For Couples Only, by Shaunti Feldhahn;

Youth:  Creators of the Future, by Omraam Aivanhov;

101 Things All Young Adults Should Know, by Sir John Hawkins.

• If you have to ask...you probably aren't.

Good grief!  Not to be insulting,  but the first thing that comes to mind, which to me is obvious, and also one that would immediately occur to an intellectual: why don't you ask them?

• P

Because it's a step up from being anonymous 

• snafu

Purely anecdotal, so we need some evidence of your intellectualness to make a judgement on your level of intellectualality and whether this is true or a wicked lie caused by yourself and the internet in cahoots.

I don't know you, nor have I spoken to you - so I really couldn't say why someone might call you an intellectual..  

Is that commonly used word, how many people have called you that. Also, am I a dumbass for not knowing what that word means?

Sound like it has nothing to do with you.  It's just that you hang around with very stupid people.