Zapata
Lv 6
Zapata asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

Yes or No - Yahoo Answers should prevent all "Anonymous" posters?

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Yes. YA also should get rid of anonymous identities here for any purpose.

It's enough that anyone can block anyone else from bugging them. All the anonymous feature does is promote stupid trolling.

• Login to reply the answers
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, but the complain about the Anon feature has been posted over and over. If you want YA to end it, go to the Suggestion Board and support any of the posts there that promote same. https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/924010

Your post is not knowledge seeking, so is a violation. Where the users here like or dislike Anon, posting about it ON YA isn't going to change anything.

• Zapata
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Not knowledge seeking? Violate my a*s.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No. Why does it trigger you so much? Unless a person is going anonymous for malicious reasons, such as abusing or stalking another user (in which case they should be reported and banned), it doesn't affect you, unless you enjoy stalking people's post history yourself.

Maybe it's just some people's preference to post anonymous. Maybe they don't want people to work out who they are in real life from their collected answers and interests. Maybe they just enjoy triggering those who are so worried over something that really doesn't affect their Yahoo Answers experience.

• Zapata
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Maybe they're just sad,boring little nobodies?

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I think they should while a Few people use it for the Right Reasons most people use it for the Wrong Reasons and its Abused

• Kimbabe
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

You are right they do abuse it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes. If your Q or A is worthwhile and honest, a poster shouldn't be ashamed to put a name to said Q or A.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, but they should definitely lift the blocks (an anti-stalking measure..) as soon as a question is switched to anonymous

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No. The user's asked for it and Yahoo made it available.

• ...Show all comments
    • CarolOklaNola
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Probably 2006  to 2009. We got it in 2012 and 2013, I think. The OLD suggestion board was shutdown by Yahoo in 2014. I wasn't on GA until November  2008. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No..........   

• 2 months ago

Just as soon as they prevent thumb downers or at least post who the thumb downer is. 

• 2 months ago

I have to admit ,I don't see the point of anonymous answers --can someone enlighten me ?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.