Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPainting · 10 months ago

How to recreate the same shade in acrylic painting?

I used to paint a lot before, but haven't painted in a really long time, and I want to paint again soon, but I have this fear that if I mix a bunch of colors and I end up using up all that paint, I wouldn't be able to create the exact same shade. At the same time I fear that if I mix a bunch of colors and end up not using all of it, it would waste the paint. Any tips?

• John

It's called "throwing up barriers" and if you don't stop it you will get exactly nowhere in life.

Yeah don't sweat it, each piece is it's own entity

Also you can use a "wet" pallet  You've seen them, white box with a seal-able lid

Insert the sponge, then cover it with  piece of glass, I used a Pyrex cutting board

The paint will keep a long time, if you going to keep them A LONG time put a little  Lysol in the water you soak the sponge with, it will keep mildew from forming