Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 8 months ago

Why do I really really want a baby?

Whenever I'm on my periods, I feel really protective over people and want a baby. I want to hold one close and breastfeed. I get a wierd urge to hug EVERYONE and am extra empathetic. Problem is,  I'm sixteen LOL so I definitely can't, but it doesn't stop me from really badly wanting to wrap my arms around a baby and rock them to sleep. It's kind of unbearable. What's up with that?

• sarah

One word: hormones. :)

It's just a maternal instinct, but you have to realize that babies are not all sunshine and roses. they are also a lot of work and expense

• God

Get a cat                                      .             

It's a disease called 'baby rabies'.

You're a deluded teenager who thinks a baby is a little dolly you can dress up and cart about. No idea why you're so ill informed.

• LizB

I think you like the *idea* of a baby. But the reality of raising a child is on a whole different level. It's not cuddles and cuteness and sweet moments all the time. That's more like 10% of the time, and the other 90% is hard work. If you love babies then by all means offer babysitting services or maybe volunteer somewhere that involves working with children, but don't get pregnant until you're equipped in *every* sense for the 18+ year obligation of raising a new human being.

• abdul

Just remember that that baby will be around for the rest of your life, like luggage, or herpes. Make sure you are actually ready for that sort of commitment before you go out looking for potential daddies. Also don't forget that you will be involved with baby daddy at least until the child is 18, whether you like it or not.