Open relationship?

So my girl and I have been in a open relationship for a while now. I am having a problem with my girls partner because they are telling her to leave me alone for them and they want to have her as their girlfriend. My girl tells me everything and I got so mad at them for saying that. I know this people and they know me. We had fun together and stuffs but for them to say that, I got offended. I told my girl that I don’t or want her to mess with them anymore but that didn’t work out well because my girl kept a saying that they are not my friends and because they are saying doesn’t mean she’s gonna do it. I knew she wasn’t gonna do it but I just felt disrespected by them and her not taking any action. We have been arguing over this back and forth. Am I been sensitive or stressing her because she keeps telling me that that’s what open relationship is all about.

• Linda
    Favorite Answer

That's the problem with open relationships. Usually one person will get more attention than another and jealousy strikes. And that is what is occurring in your relationship. Your gf shouldn't tell you what he says and she is part of the problem. It's even worse that you know each other because it makes it more personal. Of course you would be offended, who wouldn't? Your girlfriend is trying to make you jealous obviously. She is trying to rub their relationship in your face basically. Arguing and having to deal with this would not be worth the relationship. In other words, cut ties. You are not doing anything wrong but your girlfriend has a misconstrued definition of what an open relationship is and I would be out of there due to her insensitivity and the mind games.

First of all your an idiot. She did take action she told you what they said, she took your side by being honest and telling you. But the reason she wants an open relationship, is you both have not sowed enough wild oats. Most people do not need more then 5-10 sex partners in their life. And most do not need to have one partner at a time. About 2-5% will always want more then one partner. Meaning they will get married, but thinks its ok to sleep around once in a while. Some people like porn stars, believe sex is away to get and give pleasure. does not matter how well you know them, if they find each other attractive go for it. two women, two men, a man and a woman, or even an orgy. For some reason she has made you her base sex partner. She and you sleeps with others but always comes back to each other for now. But if you start demanding she do what you want you will lose what you have now. It does not matter what the others say or do. Its what you do and she does that matters. I would love to be in your shoes but only for a month. I could not share a woman even with another woman if I was in love with her. So if you are in love you will do what the other guys are doing trying to change her, and you all will lose her. She will look for and find others that will accept her for her. If you want to stay like you are, be more confident, and let her handle her own business. Eventually, she will get tired of these other men, trying to change her, and leave them. But if you get mad, and try to push your will on her, say goodbye.

• mike1 month agoReport

What are you talking about? Like what? 

I would get out of the equasion all together and that means letting her go. As a matter of fact it appears she has already left you since she wouldn't stop him/her from telling her/him to let you go. It's time for you to say, it's either me or her, you choose.

two is company, three a crowd

This scenario should be expected in an open relationship where there is no commitment between partners. Other lovers should be expected to lobby to be the "one and only", that's just a natural desire.

• Teal

Open relationships still have boundaries, otherwise you are just friends with benefits. You should not have to ask her to stop seeing a guy who is actively trying to break you up. She should have shut this down herself. This isn't fair to him either. If she keeps seeing him, knowing he wants more, then she is deliberately leading him on. But she has made her position clear. Either break up or downgrade to FWB and keep your other relationships private.

This is just one of the problems with open relationships. They'll be plenty more. When you agreed to be open you were agreeing to chaos.