Is Saw palmetto for 18 years person ok? ?

Iam 18 and i am suffering from thinning hair as my frontal parts started to bald, i read about saw palmetto benifits for hair loss, i am getting some tablets to see if it will work and i'm worried 

• You should consult a doctor before taking anything eve if it's natural, there could be side affects to it. Specially if you're taking any other medications or vitamins. You should be okay to take it at your age, but read a few labels on the bottle to be sure. Some men just go bald / lose hair earlier then others. I knew a guy that started losing his hair around your age, he just accepted it and shaved his head. After you see a doctor, I think you should do more research on this to see if it will actually benefit you.

An extract of saw palmetto berries may block 5-alpha-reductase, an enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT. DHT is the molecule responsible for hair loss and also is involved in the enlargement of the prostate. One study showed promise in saw palmetto's ability to treat an enlarged prostate.