What's the difference??

My MRI of 10 months ago stated that I have relatively advanced Osteoarthritis of the glenohumeral joint & the humerous slightly subluxed. There are lots of other tings. A CT scan says moderate glenohumeral changes, but no fracture or subluxation. My Orthopaedic Surgeon ordered the CT scan because we're planning surgery. Also CT scan state there is a 9mm subchondral cyst involving inferior aspect of the glenoid bone. I do have a lot of pain.What's the difference between the two scans (Osteoarthritis). Do you think surgery will still proceed?

I findit confusing when one scan says there is RELATIVELY advances Osteoarthritis, yet another scan describes it as moderate.

Favorite Answer

Nothing; its two different radiologists reading different modalities using their own terms. Relatively advanced would probably still be somewhat moderate. And one modality may be showing (the MRI probably) the damage a bit better, as MRI shows soft tissue better, CT shows bones. Its not a significant difference in readings.

• wings

Thank you, Diane A. I can see what you mean by 'fluid'. Some days subluxation may show, & not on other days. I guess it would be a matter of catching the subluxation in the act more/less. 

• LAN

Why are you asking this in the Cancer section as nothing in your post has anything to do with cancer?

HeII, why are you asking in Yahoo answers instead of your doctor for a realistic answer?

• LAN

I am working poor with cancer and haven't been turned away yet.   Funny how not one of you morons that makes claims like yours is never able to back them up with a credible first source isn't it?