lila

How can I look so much different in photos than in person?

I'm a 27 year old female, 5'7" and 130 pounds. I've been bulimic for 10 years but like most people with bulimia, I'm technically a healthy weight but suffer from intense body dysmorphia. I think I look terrible naked but usually OK in clothes. Some days I even think I look thin but then I see pictures of myself and I look so much bigger/wider/plumper than I thought. Just yesterday I was feeling fairly confident... My jeans were a little loose and I felt thin. I went to a farewell party for a coworker and we took a bunch of pictures and I was absolutely shocked when I saw them. I wanted to cry. I look genuinely large in every single photo except for one taken from behind when I wasn't looking. Even my hair looks bad in the photo when I thought I was having a good hair day! How come I sometimes like what I see when I look in the mirror but I look awful in photos? There have been photos of me taken in the past year where even my mother has commented that my face looks rounder than normal in the photo but she's never commented on me being fat in real life. What can I do?

• Dave

For all I know, you may be perfect.

because you have body dysmorphia. I have it too and I hate how I look in photos because they show our flaws more. 

TMI. Question heading is all that is needed. All of the blah blah blah blah is beside the point. The Point... photo's lie!

You said it yourself.  "suffer from intense body dysmorphia". 

• Elle

fdsfodanf9idasnfi0a9sdfji09asdfadsfasfdasfadsds

You don't look any different, it's all in your head.  Dealing with self image problems and eating disorders is a long road and it's not easy.