What are some Musical Elements in Claude Debussy's Sonata for Flute, Viola, and Harp?

Specifically in either the first or last movement. I know it's in the romantic era, and so I was looking for some elements from that era in this piece. 

There is ample written about the unfinished group of sonatas that Debussy composed in the last years of his life. I have written and performed in concerts, a transcription for flute of the g minor violin sonata.  There are elements and passages there that hint at Les Six, although he was never a member. And now it is FOUR homework questions in a row???  DYOH or drop the class, because we professional Classical musicians here did our homework decades ago.  Your turn, fella.

Source(s): Music theorist, teacher, retired music director, professional flutist, married to musicologist and pianist.

Debussy's music is usually considered Impressionistic rather than Romantic.