Can i buy a 16GB tablet and just buy a 32GB memory card if i need more storage?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

yes but as Apple says Memory Card Storage drains the battery. Do so at your own risk. 

• 10 months ago

yeah thats what i did actually!

• 10 months ago

Presuming the tablet will take one, yes by all means.  It'll be useful for storing your own files if you wish, though if you envisage using that much storage you might be better off with a laptop or even desktop..  The operating system and software stay on the built-in memory.

• 10 months ago

Sure you can. for apps, the 16 GB should be plenty, then use the external for stuff like photos, music and videos.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

Contrary to what some are saying here, most apps will install to a SD card if there is ample space to..

But 16gb is probably more than you will ever use for apps

• 10 months ago

yes.  nearly all modern tablets have expandable memory ports.  I always use an external card for my files and use the internal memory for apps

• 10 months ago

Check to see if the tablet model will accept a card that capacity.

• Dick
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

There is absolutely no reason in this world to have more than 8 GB of RAM in a tablet. You'll never even come close to using anywhere near the 8 GB so do yourself a favor and save the money. RAM is NOT the gating factor for computer speed. Surely, insufficient RAM make a computer slow, but "too much" RAM does nothing to speed things up. Speed is primarily a combination of the operational characteristics of the MoBo, the CPU, and the RAM combined. So if you just want to blow the money to have silly "bragging rights" that "I have 32 GB of RAM" then be foolish and blow the bucks. JMHO

Source(s): 33 Years Computer Experience & IT Support
  • 10 months ago

Only if it has an expandable slot for the card. Also, some apps will only install on the internal, where the extra storage is usually for extras like photos, music, movies, etc.

• 10 months ago

If you don't plan on installing a lot of apps or something, sure. Some apps only install to internal storage. You can put photos or music on the memory card but you might be better off getting something with more storage to begin with rather than dealing with that potential headache down the road.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.