Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 10 months ago

I have a terrible costume for a show?

Hi, I have an awful costume for the next show. We are doing frozen and I'm sven. The costume is really embarrassing and I just need some advice on how not to be embarrassed.

• Cogito

You OWN it.  You get really into it, you act, you have a wonderful time and you never, for even a second, let anyone know that you're embarrassed.

If you stand there looking awkward, or say, "OMG, this is SO embarrassing," you will be embarrassed and everyone will know.

Be confident, be extrovert, be over-the-top.

You laugh it off.  You have fun.  

And actually, if you really go for it, after a while you'll almost certainly find that you're no longer embarrassed and are having a great time.

Come on - it's a great part to get!  Enjoy it!

• keerok

You are part of a show. The costumes are just another part of it. Your responsibility, as an actor, is to play your role. Do it as best as you can regardless of what you're wearing. The costume is not your fault so stop thinking about it already. Concentrate on your acting.

Post a pic, I need a laugh.