Legal question. Am I wrong for not paying my child's daycare since her mother owes me money?

My soon to be ex wife lied and put a false restraining order on me and caused me to lose my gun license. I had to pay a lawyer $600 to reverse what she did. She refuses to pay me the $600 that she owes me. She claims that she makes more than I do btw. My daughter is with her mother the majority of the time. Am I wrong if I don't pay my daughter's daycare for a couple weeks and make her mom pay it instead? Just until the $600 is repaid. 

4 Answers

  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

    Do you know what phrase inflames Judges?  "Soon-to-be ex."  There is no such thing.  She's either your wife or she isn't.

    If you have a judgment against her for $600, move against her salary.  You cannot  subtract what you THINK she owes you from your monetary responsibilities.

    You are in contempt of Court.

  • blank
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

    Sure - use your kid as a pawn in your petty spats over unrelated issues with your Ex.    THAT will look really good on your "resume" when you end up in court.

    HIGHLY suggest you suck it up and if you have PROOF she lied on a legal doc (sounds like it cause the lawyer got it reversed) then go after her EITHER for her false statements or small claims court for the cash.

    Swearing out a legal document under false pretenses is a crime - so you can either try and make a case out of that and/or use that proof to get your money back.

  • 10 months ago

    Since legally she doesn't actually owe the money, and I am guessing legally you DO owe the daycare, then legally yes, you are wrong.

  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

    friend whatever you do do it with legal means Sue in a court of law and get a judge but otherwise the mother will use it against you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.