Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 10 months ago

Do co-ops give you time to get your gpa up if it falls below the required minimum ?

I was given an offer letter by a company saying that they want to hire me. Part of the requirements though is that my gpa is above 3.0 (which it was when they interviewed me and I sent them the documents by email) however this simester my gpa is likely going to fall below a 3.0 but I still have to go through a background check and get a drug test so I’m wondering if they’ll ask for my transcript again after it fell below a 3.0 and it’s too late in the semester to drop the class that’s bringing my gpa down. So will the co-op still higher me if it dipped just a little 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

If one course drops your GPA below 3.0, you were pretty marginal to begin with. And if the co-op requires GPA "above 3.0," you no longer qualify.

You need to learn more than the subject you're having trouble with. Hire vs higher - you should have learned the difference between those homonyms in elementary school, certainly by 5th/6th grade.

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

They are interested in your CUMULATIVE GPA, not your semester GPA.

If your cumulative is below 3.0, you probably shouldn’t be working until you get it up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.