Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Can I become an accountant if I go into Business Management (university) in Canada which does not have the option of becoming one? ?

(will give best answer for good ones)

Favorite Answer

Expect to need a degree in accounting (or accounting & finance) to become an accountant. While you likely will have some accounting classes in a general business management degree program, it's not enough to qualify as an accountant - especially when the field is fairly glutted & you have plenty of competition from applicants with specific accounting degrees for any entry-level job in accounting. If you really want to be an accountant, you need to go to a university which offers BS accounting (or accounting & finance).

• John

To become an accountant, you are best served by studying accounting in college.  

All I can tell you is that I know math majors who were recruited by major accounting firms to join them. I think a lot of accounting firms do the training themselves when they can get someone with the ability to do the work. I don't think business management is the appropriate major for an accountant. 

• ibu guru
      1 month agoReport

There have been times when companies would take math majors & teach them their accounting systems & software. But now with the glut of accounting grads on so many markets, you need a degree in accounting.