Is this Oral herpes?

I have fordyce spots on my lips at the end. I was thinking it was just them or the cold weather but I'm not completely sure. It's kind if painful, I'm thinking it might be the weather since it's really cold in here and its my first time in this type of weather

• kelvin

no it is not herpes

No, those do NOT look like herpes. Those are a bigger blister that has sensory symptoms, thant then craters and forms a typical honey scab. The blisters are not tiny like that -they are true blisters on a red base.

Source(s): ER PA

Sounds like likely is, but then again, about 75% of people have oral herpes (also called 'cold sores'). A lot of them got it as kids from over-affectionate relatives. If it is oral herpes, a prescription for Valtrex can the spots fade sooner.

• Jomar2 months agoReport

Thanks, I hope it's not. My lips have been cracking so much since I'm not used to cold weather but this one kind of worried me