Coil and gynecology ?

Been to see my gynecologist,, recommended I go on mirena for some issues i have (i dont want to discuss them). However as iv looked it up as i no nothing about it..partner had vasectomy 10 year ago..so birth control has never been needed.. I'm scared about weight gain, acne and hair loss. I already have issues with all 3 and I dont want to make then worse.. please what are peoples opinions on the coils ? 

Thanks all 

Just want to know pros and cons to having a coil..iv read certain coils can increase how long a period lasts and heavily increase the flow (tmi sorry) and can give you constant cramps..Also can you tell me how you found the actual procedure please. 

My issues for my gynecologist suggesting the coil isnt what am here for..therefore am not discussing it..I'm here for info..pro cons..how people have got on with getting the coil etc..

• Tavy

My DIL has had one for 10 years. No weight gain, hair loss or anything else.

UK

Why would you not want to discuss the other issues? How can anyone here help you without knowing what is really going on with you? Do you know about the Ks of complaints they have had about the coil?

• MissA

I'd say in general the coil is great.

But since YOU are concerned about it maybe you should go to a second provider (with who you can discuss the issues you don't want to mention to us) and get more specific advice.