Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 8 months ago

Do I Need to Put A Return Address on a Business Reply Envelope?

So, I got this letter in the mail a few weeks ago for my health insurance renewal. And I completely forgot to mail it out. So of course I got a letter about that, so I immediately went out to send it out. Before realizing I didn't put my pwn return address on it. Now my question is was that REQUIRED or will the letter get to them without any issues? It was one of those yellow envelopes that say "NO POSTAGE REQUIRED IF MAILED IN THE US"

Additionally, If it does prove to be an issue, should I contact my health insurance company? 

Thank you for any help!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

No

Just a package. No package will be delivered w/o return address. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

no.................................

• Bort
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Not required. The purpose of a return address is so that the item can be returned to the sender if it's not able to be delivered for some reason. At least to my knowledge that almost never happens to business reply mail.

Usually business reply mail is almost all pre-printed other than if a payment is required the payment amount has to be filled in and it has to be signed. Your account info and everything is on it so they'll know who it's from when they get it.

It's always a good idea to call and check on these things. Give it a week for the mail to get to them, and a week for them to go through their corporate process nonsense to get it in their records system(s) before you call and check to insure they got it. Of course you can call right away and inform them you sent it.

• 8 months ago

No, it will still be delivered.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • May
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

The envelope will get there just fine without your return address on it.

USPS Employee

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

A return address is never 'required'.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

A return address is used so if the envelope is undeliverable, for whatever reason, it can be returned to the sender. As long as there's no delivery issue, you should be fine.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.