Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 8 months ago

On a proscenium stage: what is the name of the screen that is common to be upstage with lights that are on the floor shining up in theatre?

My school has a cafetorium not an auditorium, but I was in a high school auditorium where was there was this screen that I believe was stretched to be nicely fitted and it had lights on the floor to shine up and illuminate different colors. My drama teacher couldn't remember the name of this either. Thank you in advance!


I am completing a report as if I was directing a play and I need this term to use. Thanks again!

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

    Do you mean a Cyclorama? Often just referred to as the Cyc? 

  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

    I thought it was a scrim at first too, but this screen is not see through.

  • Carson
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

    A scrim is what it's called.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.