Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 8 months ago

Forced to wear hat at work?

I've been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis for over 4 years now. I am 23 years old female. I've been working as a server and uniform requires a hat. My disease and the medication cause hair loss. Usually it's not bad, little bit here and there but when I wear the hat my hair fall out in clumps. I had multiple bald spots because of it. I talked with my supervisor and he understood and said its be fine if I didn't wear it only because I was supervisor. Recently hes changed the rules and is forcing me to wear a hat. My hair is falling out AGAIN. More than before because I'm on even more meds. Is it possible to get a doctor's note not to wear a hat? I know it sounds stupid but I'm already balding and this sucks.

Favorite Answer

the boss is not very nice- get a letter from your dr. to give him. Are you in a union or is there a union officer at your job? the union could stand up for you and therefore u would be allowed to not wear a hat.

Wear a wig.