the Age of Enlightenment ?

I have a history project that is due tmr but I haven't even started yet. Help me please.

So I am supposed to research on how the Age of Enlightenment is related to an Italian poet Dante Alighieri (the one who wrote the Divine Comedy)

Can anyone please give me a brief summary of the Age of Enlightenment and its relevance to Dante Alighieri's work? Im assuming that they both were kinda related to dystopia..? Not sure, please help! thank you

Age of Enlightment is the period of time where advances in the scientific field was made in the 1600s ish. Chem, physics, biology, math, scientific method, etc. All expanded in the Western Sciences. 

Dante was an Italian poet whose work The Divine Comedy, got him banished from Itaily. It was a trilogy of Dante's religious interpretation of God's domain, the more famous being Dante's Inferno. There he wrote about the 9 Circles of Hell, how sinners are punished in graphic details, including living people that he knew. 

The relevance can be that both the Age of Elightenment and Dante challenged the idea of the time in both Religion and Science. 

You can argue that scientists were willing to put themselves on the line for their research, same as Dante was banished after refusing to denounce his story.

Hope this helps

Humanism, humans gaining confidence away from God