Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Why do so many transsexuals hate conservative politicians?

Favorite Answer

A great number of conservative politicians are tight with the Christian Evangelical community, who make a point of being very intolerant of the LBGT community.  Now there are conservatives who show support for lesbians and gays, but few are embracing transsexuals.  And so very few transsexuals have any good cause to embrace them.

I don't know that it is hate, but I can see why they would not support people who go out of their way to demonize people like themselves.  It is a no-brainer: you do not like me and my kind (whether trans, gay, jewish, black, liberal, whatever)?  Well, then, I don't really see much good having you in power over me and acting to do exactly what I find to be a deep wrong.  Is it hatred though?  I don't know that it runs that deeply.  Many people do respond to hatred with hatred.  It is a pretty normal (not rare) response among humans of any group.  But it is not true that all respond that way either, or that disagreeing with someone means that you hate them.

Hatred takes a heck of a lot of energy for very little good.  Most people don't waste it on useless purposes.

I guess it begins with cons not wanting to deal with them.  Many conservatives have trouble dealing with people who don't look or act in the stereotypical way conservatives want everyone to look and act. 

Conservatives aren't too known for being all that tolerant toward people who don't share their ideologies and tend to act hateful toward people outside of it. So why would those people they hate like them...?

Gee I wonder why. I don't think it's as much to do with policy than it is to do with the religious fundamentalism of the conservative right.

I don't associate with queers who aren't family members, so I wouldn't know.

As the name conservative implies, conservative go by policies that always exist in the past, which do not include recognizing transsexuals.

I like transgender people and I don’t think that all of them hate conservatives

I’m in the middle myself but I like lgbtQ people

I'm guessing it because so many conservative politicians hate them.