Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Why do so many transsexuals hate conservative politicians?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

A great number of conservative politicians are tight with the Christian Evangelical community, who make a point of being very intolerant of the LBGT community.  Now there are conservatives who show support for lesbians and gays, but few are embracing transsexuals.  And so very few transsexuals have any good cause to embrace them.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I don't know that it is hate, but I can see why they would not support people who go out of their way to demonize people like themselves.  It is a no-brainer: you do not like me and my kind (whether trans, gay, jewish, black, liberal, whatever)?  Well, then, I don't really see much good having you in power over me and acting to do exactly what I find to be a deep wrong.  Is it hatred though?  I don't know that it runs that deeply.  Many people do respond to hatred with hatred.  It is a pretty normal (not rare) response among humans of any group.  But it is not true that all respond that way either, or that disagreeing with someone means that you hate them.

Hatred takes a heck of a lot of energy for very little good.  Most people don't waste it on useless purposes.

• 2 months ago

I guess it begins with cons not wanting to deal with them.  Many conservatives have trouble dealing with people who don't look or act in the stereotypical way conservatives want everyone to look and act. 

• 2 months ago

Conservatives aren't too known for being all that tolerant toward people who don't share their ideologies and tend to act hateful toward people outside of it. So why would those people they hate like them...?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Gee I wonder why. I don't think it's as much to do with policy than it is to do with the religious fundamentalism of the conservative right.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don't associate with queers who aren't family members, so I wouldn't know.

• 2 months ago

As the name conservative implies, conservative go by policies that always exist in the past, which do not include recognizing transsexuals.

• 2 months ago

I like transgender people and I don’t think that all of them hate conservatives

I’m in the middle myself but I like lgbtQ people

• 2 months ago

I'm guessing it because so many conservative politicians hate them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.