Do Christians really believe rainbows didnt exist before the biblical flood?

Did God change the laws of physics or what?

Yes, some believe God tweaked physics a little bit to allow for rainbows to exist, but there are others who think God simply repurposed the rainbow to remind us of His promise to never again flood the entire earth.  The language in Genesis is a bit ambiguous and both are just as easy for God.

• Doug

All God needed to do was change just one of the natural qualities of light. Or, of the earth's atmosphere.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
  • Hogie

Does the Bible say there were no rainbows prior to them becoming a sign? Really now... 

Some of us do.

Remember a mist rose from the ground and watered the Earth. Mankind could have existed in foggy conditions until the Flood. Maybe they had never seen a rainbow until after the Flood. It's worth considering.

You don't even believe that the flood happened, so why do you care if the Bible says the Lord created the rainbow later, not immediately? To your point about physics, God could change the laws of physics right now if he wants. In the end, however, nothing in these verses strongly suggest that the Lord first created the rainbow at that time anyways, not that it would change anything anyways, Genesis 9:13-15, 

"I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh."

• 2 months agoReport

Yes? You did ask me. You just asked me "so refraction is a lie?" Do you have psychosis (a psychology word)? 

no...................

About your second question, I would say YES! They think their god ( not any other), changed the laws of physics ( for the ones who think they exist) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• janhoi

No because I don't take the flood story literally. 

Source(s): Anglican Christian
    • janhoi

@GodsDontExist in a word , I don't subscribe to the doctrine of inerrancy. And many prominent Christians like Karl Barth and C.S Lewis didn't either. It's a modern doctrine that originated in the 19th century specifically out of the Old School of thought in the Presbyterian Church. 

Since it had it had never rained before, how could there have been a rainbow?

No - What happened is god created the gays after the flood and then 

a gay Leprechaun made rainbows .

• 2 months agoReport

😆