Was I wrongfully terminated? And if so, what should I do?

I work in a retail store. I wasn't given a written termination. When I went into work she started yelling at me and accusing me of talking about her behind her back. I only talked to our DM. Then she started calling me a drug addict, alcoholic and a whore in front of customers. I told her she couldn't fire me and that I our DM had my back. Then she started saying to me how can you even have a job? You don't have reliable transportation. You take the bus. You are low class. You mean nothing. I was really offended by that and I grabbed my purse and coat and she said Oh your going to quit and I said no but I am not going to stand here and listen to this. She said I don't want you to come back. I told her that she was very unprofessional. She doesnt work hard like I do. She is 24 and I am 40. I told her I'm the one that does the merchandising, pricing, signage, and you do nothing. Your on your phone talking texting and snapchatting. At least I work hard compared to you. Then again she called me a drug addict, alcoholic, a whore. So on my way out the door she yelled at me some more in front of customers. Then on my way out she tried to attack me.

What can I do to get either my job back or get her fired or both? I am planning on calling HR on Monday but what else should I do? I feel like I was bullied, interrogated, accused of false stories, verbal abuse, and workplace harassment.

First, you had a temper tantrum that was probably heard by other coworkers.  Then you walked out without talking to your manager.  What should you do?  Update your resume and start looking for a job.

NO, you were not wrongly terminated by law.

Now I will actually read your details and decide if you should have been fired.

Update: Assuming your RANT is 100% true, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING illegal about firing you.

You CAN'T get the job back OR get anyone fired. If you try, you are more likely to be arrested for harassment than to accomplish anything you consider productive.

They can fire you. You can report to HR and see what happens, but they have every right to fire you.

• Peter

Mmmmm!  It doesn't sound to me as if your position was terminated, you walked out. You should raise the issue with your HR department, or senior management.

• Andy C

Doesn't sound like you did anything wrong and it doesn't matter if you are a drunk whore so long as you can perform your job.

If the situation is how you describe it, you were harassed and your character attacked. I wouldn't worry about your job.

Call HR immediately.

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ