Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 8 months ago

Someone told me my singing was as good as Bill Cosby's is that a compliment or an insult? I was singing a Christmas song by the way?

What do you think it was? If you've ever heard Cosby sing you should be able to draw your own conclusion.

• Greg

They probably confused Bill Cosby with Der Bingle, so it was most likely a compliment.

It's not a compliment unless they actually said Bing Crosby and not Bill Cosby.

• Robin

they were insulting you because bill cosby can not sing at all

• that's probably an insult as Bill Cosby is probably a eunuch singing soprano nowadays

I think it was a compliment, but that he/she was confused and had mixed Bill Cosby [a disgraced comic actor] with Bing Crosby, who was a multi-talented star, he was both a singer and a Hollywood actor. He recorded several Christmas singles and albums. His career spanned from the Forties until his death in 1977. Early on in his career, he recorded the classic White Christmas and his last recording was of Little Drummer Boy, a duet with the British singer David Bowie. Bings albums continue to sell, over 40 yrs after his death, and his films are still occasionally broadcast on TV.    

Why don't you ask them themselves, you idiot? Not like anyone here is going to know what that means. It also depends on their intention. So literally nobody else can tell you.