Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 months ago

Is it normal to have a 3 day period?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Yes indeed it is. 

The average length of a menstrual cycle is 28 days with menstruation lasting 5 days. However, it's perfectly normal for the menstrual cycle to be between anywhere between 22 and 35 days, and bleeding to last for as few as 3 days, or as many as 8.

Hope this helps.

• 8 months ago

Yes. Quite normal.  And if it is quite regular, you can plan for those days when you're 'safe' to have unprotected sex because no ovulation is occurring that would cause pregnancy.

• 8 months ago

Of course a 3 day period is normal ..3 days and then it ends all the way on the 4th day being light  . you only have a period for 5 to 7 days if it’s your first period ever In your entire life . you shouldn’t worry about it either way unless your in a lot of pain 

• 8 months ago

I don't think so, if so why would they only give you 21 pills per month?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Indeed, it's ordinary

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yes it's normal. I've had a 3 day period for as long as I can remember. But with that said, you also have to take into account what's normal for YOU. 3 days is normal for me because that's just how my body works. But if you have 5-6 day periods and all of a sudden you start having 3 day periods than that's not exactly normal for you. So in short, yes it's normal but make sure you know your body. Check with an obgyn if you notice a difference in the amount of time you bleed to make sure everything is ok.

• sian
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

Quite normal....

• :)
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

Heavenly, yes. Abnormal, no.

• 8 months ago

No it's not, I've had then last just a few hours. But if you're worried pop along to your G.P.

• 8 months ago

as a general rule, doctors raise the alarm after 3 abnormal cycles (after more than 3 months) unless you are having other issues or problems like: fainting spells, weakness, feeling extremely ill, difficulty of breathing and other symptoms of losing too much blood, of which you should see a doctor at the ER.. if not, then such periods can be considered normal because a human body is not a Swiss watch; and it is normal to have unusual periods or abnormal menses from time to time.. physical stress, emotional stress or both, like losing a loved family member or training for a marathon; they can have effect on your periods - reducing the amount and sometimes delaying the periods..

also.. if you are on Oral Contraception Pills OCP (or simply "the Pill"), or on an Intra-uterine device IUD or Subcutaneous contraceptive needle (under your skin), to stop you from getting pregnant; then you should know that such medications and devices are known to reduce and even stop periods altogether.. it should be mentioned in the documentations in the box of such methods..

and finally, if you are teenager who is recently having her first periods.. yes.. a 3 day periods can be normal.. just like many things in your body, your reproductive system may start having periods gradually.. some with 3 days and some with 10 days; and sometimes it skips few cycles/months (but no more than 3 months).. if you have genuine concerns then you should ask your mother, your sister(s) and women in your family.. if they can confirm that they too had 3 days periods when they were at your age, then this is perfectly normal..

at any rate, periods should be fairly regular (in amount and in timing) when you reach 20-25 years of age.. but as i mentioned, if such abnormal cycles last more than 3 consecutive cycles/months, then you should seek a doctor at a local clinic (a GP or a Family Doctor) in an early appointment, unless you have symptoms of extreme blood loss of which you should head directly to the ER (A&E) ASAP..all the best

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.