Who did predicted that malls are closing, going through slow times, nor not attracting any customers?

I notice allot recently but at what percent?

Thanks for your response.

Update:

Oh yeah, I been hearing about buying stuff on online.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

malls will stay open for at least another 30-40 years...people will always be outside and addicted to what they see

• Login to reply the answers
  • It's more like stores (some smaller businesses can't compete with big box stores) are closing or going out of business, rather then entire malls. Malls will probably be around for a while, but the stores in malls in my area are closing down. Not enough customers and too high of a rent will do that to a store.

I don't know who predicted it (probably some financial expert), but I'm sure you can find some info if you google it. You can also partially blame on line shopping, some people just don't have the time to go to a mall / store. Or they don't want to deal with crowded stores, rude staff and line ups.

In an area where I live, a mall opened up practically in the middle of no where. It's an outlet mall. It's now so busy I can't even get into the parking lot if I wanted to.  If you build it and give people good deals they will come.

• 1 month ago

Any business publication or report can show that malls are not only going through slow times, but many are closing and have reduced vacancy rates. Most malls are owned by firms that are established REIT's and a quick check on those companies show a decline in price per share vs. the rising prices on other stocks. This is due to the reduced vacancy rates in malls.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

you might be able to find that info online

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Blah, blah, blah... malls are closing?

Really?  A new mall in my city opened in the middle of October.  It's jam-packed every day.  Why?  Because it's a destination.

If the mall in Davenport, IA, can't figure out how to make their mall a destination, that's more the fault of the marketing department instead of me wanting to purchase on Amazon. 

• ...Show all comments
    • A Hunch
      Lv 7
      3 days agoReport

The new mall does have restaurants, but every mall has restaurants.  There is no stupid Dave & Busters (or the like - I thought they were all out of business anyway) / no theater.  Just food & stores like the 1950s.  Amazon doesn't put their distribution centers in "cheap areas".  Try again. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Malls used to be a hangout place and a mini shopping district.  Not anymore, over the past 2 decades the internet has pretty much replaced them.  Walmart and Target both still succeed but they both also have huge online traffic.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.