1969 chevy 350 small bkock?

My chevy 350 is a 1969 lately its been -40 degrees out ive been told straight 30 weight motor oil will be good but ive heard it can cause my lifters to fail in sub zero temperatures what is a good motor oil to put in my engine is 30 ok or no

Are you going to ask this question 299 times??

Come on, man.

In an oil's viscosity, the W (as in 5W-30) stands for Winter. It means that while cold, the oil will flow like a thinner oil. If you are getting down to -40 (the actual temperature where Celsius and Fahrenheit are equal) you want the oil to flow as quickly as possible, so you would want something thinner, but once it heats up, you want "normal" weight.

So... the opposite is true of what you are asking. 5W-30 at -40 and if appropriate straight 30 when ambient temps are very high.

Edit... a 1969 motor probably used 10W-40 or 20W-50. These are what you should be using.

If it gets that cold, use 5W30.  Ordinary 30 weight would be like syrup at that temp.