Does the building of my home have many more years to last?

My home was built in 1995. Based on the information I have on my home the building is of stucco material and has been recently tax assessed around 500k-600k for the building alone and not including the land. I live in Honolulu so we don’t have to deal with snow or extreme weather. Not sure if that contributes to the lifespan of the building. I know maintenance is required but we don’t do upkeeps that often as some people who will spend thousands of dollars a year to continuously make improvements on their homes.

Favorite Answer

My place is over 100 years old and will last another 100.

Many houses in Europe are close to 200 years old or older.

Look at its condition. It isn't slipping into the ocean, is it?

If built well it should last a lot longer..

in my area there are many buildings from the 1950s or earlier...if you maintain it, should last at least 100 years

Should have probably a hundred years left or so.

Tax assessment includes the land and all improvements (the buildings).

• .

Yes.  Most homes last much longer than 25 years.  My wife and I currently live in a home built in the mid 1970s.   Besides roof replacement (due to hail damage) we have had no major repairs.