Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Why is my dog having seizures?

My dog is a 5 year old Yorkie and has been having seizures so much lately and it’s so hard to watch happen. Please I need serious answers... 

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You don't have it on THC!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

if you search information concerning seizures and etiology of this serious medical issue in dogs you will see that the vast majority of them brought for evaluation have no identifying disease...  there is assumed to be genetic component causing seizures in these pets....within breeders there has always been care to evaluate the backgrounds of dogs included in breeding programs to insure no dog having ancestral history of seizures contributes genetics.

since you own a pet seizing frequently you must take this dog to a vet asap....the first action must be to stop seizure activity immediately, every abnormal instance of this is destroying MORE brain cells...I would try to find a vet who has much experience in this area treating many dogs and is not reluctant in prescribing medications that have always been effective in controlling this devastating condition....it is YOU that must take your dog for help.

• 1 month ago

There are no Vets on this site to advise you.

This is the first thing I saw when I googled your question.

c/p) There are many causes of seizures. Idiopathic epilepsy, the most common cause of seizures in the dog, is an inherited disorder, but its exact cause is unknown. Other causes include liver disease, kidney failure, brain tumors, brain trauma, or toxins. ... Affected dogs can appear completely normal between seizures.

Seizures in Dogs | VCA Animal Hospital

https://vcahospitals.com › know-your-pet › seizures-general-for-dogs

If your dog is not under a Vets care now, you need to take the dog in to see him/her now. Only after your dog is examined will the Vet know what is happening to your dog.

Google your question & anything like it to learn more about the possibilities.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

go take him to the vet, someone in my apt building had a dog that was having seizures and it turned out the dog had cancer and a brain tumor and they had to put her down

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

A vet can prescribe something, like Keppra maybe...

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Could be a neurological problem? Best to take your dog to the vet.

• 1 month ago

Idk but I hope doggo gets better

• DJC
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

If your dog is having seizures, you need to take him/her to the animal hospital immediately.  If there isn't an animal hospital near you, then take him/her to a veterinary clinic.  Yahoo Answers can't help you, you need the help of licensed veterinarians performing first-person physical examinations, not the guesses of random people on the Internet.

• 1 month ago

No one on here is a vet or qualified to answer this, you really need to have the dog seen by a vet immediately.

This is a serious problem and it needs to be addressed now.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why don't you ask his Vet?  We cannot see your dog from here.  You know that, right?

• megan1 month agoReport

Yes I know that. But when I have questions some people usually just comment something dumb For nothing. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.