D asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Recipe needed?

Anyone have a good recipe for vegan deviled eggs? 

Take a slab of tofu. With an ice cream scoop, scoop out an egg shape from the tofu. Further scoop out a hole from the scooped out tofu. Take some tofu and dye it yellow with curry powder, add some chopped onions and minced celery to the yellow tofu stuffing and place in the scooped out hole.

There you have a "deviled egg".

Start with six plant-based hard boiled eggs. Halve them and place yolks in a bowl. Mash with a fork until fine. Add plant based mayo, dry mustard, salad mustard and pickle relish. Mix and taste for salt. Pipe mixture into hollow egg whites.

Oxymoron much? lol

• Mintee

some vegans eat eggs.. so go ahead and make regular deviled eggs.. it has everything in it a vegan would eat..

• STEPHEN
      1 month agoReport

If they eat eggs they're not vegan.  Simple as that.

You can find recipes if you google it... i already looked

1) Hard boil 8 eggs

2) Slice the eggs in half, and take out the yolks. Use them to make a paste, together with some mayonnaise, mustard, and your choice of additional ingredients and spices

3) Put the paste in the hollows of the egg halves

4) Chop up a bunch of kale into a bowl

5) Eat the kale and send the devilled eggs to me

soft tofu would be the sub for the eggs I suppose you could stuff mushrooms or other veggies, possibly a peeled cucumber that might look like an egg white. 

"Yolk" recipe

1/2 pound firm tofu

2 Tb vegan mayo

2 tsp dijon mustard

1/2 tsp tumeric

salt and pepper to taste 

Process/mix all to combine

The recipe I found for this also included "egg white" shapes made with almond milk and agar agar for the white. You could probably use tofu cut into shape for the white as well. Or again the cucumber or mushroom for the holder for the "yolk" 

The other "yolk" recipe I found was to use Vegan Hummus, a bit of vegan mayo and dijon mustard combined and this one just stated to cut the block of firm tofu into squares or rounds and scoop out a spot for the hummus mixture. 

• IvaB
      1 month agoReport

while I always appreciate your thoughtful posts,I'd just like to say that your "work around" doesn't really address the question at hand.There are no recipes for vegan deviled eggs (unless I don't understand "veganism" at all)  but there are varieties,no ? Its' a vegan thing 😁 

you could do stuffed mushrooms or try the follow your heart vegan egg but ive never tried so idk what it's like

• denise

No, you need to use hard boiled eggs to stuff, and vegans dont eat eggs.

Why dont you have devilled mushrooms instead?

• .

vegan deviled eggs is a oxymoron

• D1 month agoReport

Well I was thinking I could make a fake egg substitute using a vegetable purée