Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 8 months ago

Can a stomach ulcer be identified and treated without going thru the scope procedure (EGD)?


A doctor will say no, and want to give you a referral to his golfing buddy. Anyone who's been around knows they send business to each other, warranted or not. 

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

    no by looking in the throat is what I heard from a friend who had it but she said she was misdiagnosed that way

  • Simple
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    Hello. You need to go through a scope by an gastrointestinal physician. Please note that doctors slog for at least 4-10 years and many sleep at 12 am to study medical books and attend medical school lectures You are paying them for the expertise.

    You may take some ginger tea to alleviate the gastric pain (if any) or go to library and read up some natural health remedies for treating stomach problems.

    The doctors slog for 10-30 years and can play golf on weekends cos they worked so hard in medical school and in their hospitals and clinics.

    This is life.

  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    i would ask your doctor about it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.