Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 10 months ago

What punishment would a 18 year old get for beating someone to death in his school with a baseball bat if age of majority was rightfully 21?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The age of majority has no relevance.  There is no difference in penalty for using a baseball bat, gun or knife, the key is intent.  Beating someone to death with a baseball bat would likely involve hitting them multiple times, hitting them more than once would be clear proof that you intended to cause them serious injury or death.  There have been cases where a 12 year old killed someone, was arrested, held without bond and then tried as an adult.  The biggest protection a juvenile has is having their records sealed when they become an adult.  In this case the 18 year old would likely be held in juvenile detention until their 21st birthday when they are transferred to adult prison to finish their sentence.

• 10 months ago

Tried as a adult and they can be life in lockup without parole if the judge wants to give them that much.  

BUT if the beater is illegal and he finds the bat it's a accident that he killed the person with it in the state of California and he walks free and doesn't even get sent to ICE for deportation.

• 10 months ago

You’d be eh charged as an adult. Sorry boo boo 

• 10 months ago

Geez, the 'rightfully 21' troll is back. Go away.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

Well, I Don't Want To Grow Up (Mr. Peter Pan Syndrome, the same guy who has threatened to beat me to a pulp if I call him a man, the same person who asks this 3 times a day minimally),  the age will never be changed to 21.

I'd concentrate on something else and give your brain a rest.

Do love that you went anonymous after the threat.

• 10 months ago

he could end up in jail for a long time

• 10 months ago

Life for murder.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

18 is old enough to be prosecuted as an adult offender there are quite a few people under the age of majority that was deemed to understand that murder was wrong. And got prosecuted as adults the person can receive capital punishment or the person can receive life in prison

• 10 months ago

Yes, if America was civilised like Germany and considered those under 21 as children when they commit crimes, at worst he would be given a stern lecture from his parents and cops after serving several days in a hotel that looks like a prison on the outside before being released without any record of the crime. People who commit crimes under their nation's adult age in court have the best jig of all. Nothing serious happens to them no matter how heinous their actions.

• 10 months ago

He'd be tried as an adult and probably serve a loooong sentence.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.