i'm planning to buy a game console, what should i buy a ps4 or a nintendo switch?? which one and why?

NEITHER.. check out RASPBERRY PI its much much cheaper and you can play thousands of video games on it. ITS just not the top of the line modern crap but you can also put what is called emulators and play thousands of games on a computer for almost free.

Neither one Xbox unless you prefer same sex marriage.

Either get a switch or wait for ps5, which is to be out next year. 

Go for a gaming PC. better game options, plus no monthly subscription fee on top of your internet fee

Switch is great but still limited in what you can play. PS4 is probably the better option

Your choice will ultimately depends on your life, your play style & gaming preferences.

The Sony PS4 is a powerful console with a solid game library.  HOWEVER, the system requires a TV & some moderate time commitments with the games.  While the exact time commitments to make significant progress will vary by game, you will usually want to dedicate 30 minute of more for the game(s) you want to play as you have to actually sit down & play.

The Nintendo Switch is a highly flexible home-portable hybrid console.  While the console isn't that powerful on it's own, but it's the portability of the console that becomes the major draw of the system.  The game library is more family friendly (so you may not find a lot of ESRB M-rated games) & a bit more approachable to less experienced players.  While time commitments are similar to PS4 (generally 15 minutes or more to make significant progress in most games), the flexibility of the system & portable aspects of the Switch can allow you to break the time commitments into smaller blocks by placing the console into sleep mode (which typically pauses the game & places it in a low-power state).  You can also take the Switch with you & play on the go, so you're not tethered to your TV.  You can jump between portable & TV modes on the fly as many times as you need.

I will note that the Switch Lite is geared to be a portable only version of the console.  It's geared to be a personal portable version as it strips out the TV mode (& most multiplayer support) to make it smaller & easier to carry.  If you're going to be interrupted a bit frequently (like every 5 minutes or so because of kids, life or whatever), the Switch / Lite is a bit more accommodating to this with most single-player games (online & multiplayer is a bit more demanding).

While I'm not doing to recommend one console over another (I know it's a cop-out deal), but nobody here can forcefully (like at gunpoint or whatnot) make you select a specific console.  Only you know what will be the best fit in your life & what games you'll be happy playing.  I just hope this provides enough information for you to make that decision.

It depends on your tastes. The Nintendo Switch is both a handheld console and a stationary console, Nintendo has been more kid friendly than Sony in the past but Sony is censoring adult elements in games for Sony consoles such as nudity, and other sexual content thus making Sony more kid friendly.

The PlayStation 4 is ONLY a stationary console but their first party games are more geared towards adults (contradictory to my previous statement). What I'm trying to say is that Sony's first party games have more gore and blood in their games but now they are not allowing sexual content which doesn't make sense.

All in all, it's your choice. Do you like kid friendly games like Super Mario and Kirby with a taste of sex? or do you like games where you rip an eye out of a cyclops's head but no sex? (I guess sex is too much for Sony)  

the switch is not a console. it's a 2 in 1. handheld/console doing so gives it MANY drawbacks alone. 

im sure the new consoles have been leaked at E3 right? if so i'd save for that. other then that pick what you enjoy based off exclusives.

Online gameplay - Ps4 hands down. 

Mobile gaming - switch

graphics - ps4

idk many people that still are into mobile gaming tbh. it's not very huge in the US compared to asian countries. the switch has good exclusives but outside of those it's meh.. i have both and a custom built gaming pc i built myself since i am a PC gamer mostly. i rarely play with my ps4 and switch but even so i use my switch as a console but like i said it doesn't make an amazing console. i just play it for the exclusives. 

xbox. jsut for being so vague

Save your money for the Ps5.