Why are The Beatles so overrated?

Favorite Answer

They arent overrated they are just really hood 

• el1 month agoReport

Presently there is an ad on tv which plays the Beatles “Come Together”. That song came out in 1969 and it still sounds great!

Nope. Who is better today? Whoever you name would not exist without the Beatles being here first.

Because they don't suck as much as Blink 182

They weren't at the time of their own fame. Their simple songs are just good easy listening. And their hippy trippy songs were at a time when multi track recording was difficult, so they were only restricted by the technology of the time.

If they were to begin now, their Sgt Peppers would be like a mash up between Jamiroquai, Hendrix and Orbital.

• Mikey

I would have no idea why you have that opinion. 

they are overrated by virtue of being one of the (if not the) most culturally important bands in the recorded era. people tend to conflate cultural importance with other virtues, and thus all big name bands are overrated, the beatles, the rolling stones, led zeppelin, metallica, etc. are all overrated. but that doesn't mean they aren't also great bands, just that it can be hard for people to separate their music from their legacy.

• Wire and String
      1 month agoReport

what, you never rocked out to that orpheus live at styx LP? it's hot. blows anything king david ever recorded out of the water.

• Tony B

“Overrated” by who? What “rating” are you thinking of?

I think what you really mean is that you don't like The Beatles (which is hardly surprising unless you were around in the sixties), and don't understand how talented they were and what a huge impact they had on music. You know they are highly regarded but think you are right and everybody else is wrong.

Otherwise, can you explain what you mean?

It's a matter of opinion. And your opinion is outvoted by tens of millions.

• Brian

I can't believe that Killmouseky isn't slobbering all over this thread.

Their songs were before my time, but I still find them pretty catchy. I guess they had the right formula. I really like the song "In My Life". Rarely have I heard something so cute and sweet.