Can you sublet on Airbnb?

I might be looking at a job in NYC when I graduate from college in a few days, with the job starting in January. I have next to 0 dollars in my account to show a landlord that I will be able to pay for rent and I feel as if an apartment, for now, is not feasible. Can you sublet on airbnb? Do they let you stay for 3-4 months at a time? My job will be going to different sites for usually 3 month periods around NYC and upstate so I was thinking I could sublet a new place every 3 months until I save enough money, and can show proof of income to rent. Is this an option on Airbnb and, if so, what are the logistics of it? Would I have to pay 3 months rent all at once on airbnb or would I pay monthly on the website. If anyone has any idea or advice please let me know, thanks!

Airb&b typically does not do months. If they did it would be cost prohibitive.  You are better off renting a room from someone.

• Maxi

Suggest you look for a cheap hotel/B&B or a room in a family home rather than trying to subrent on AirB&B

You can try, but in some states, a rental longer than 30 days falls under the state rental laws, not a temporary thing like Airbnb. 

You will also find that Airbnb tends to be expensive for a rental more than a couple of nights.

Your best bet is to try Craigslist

sure, but i suspect that will be expensive, they are priced like hotels..usually nicer