Why do people believe the current time we live in is the worst?

Not wanting to generalize all people, but at least in my social there is this very negative (in my opinion) mentality, that humans suck, humanity is terrible and worthless, we are hopeless, but I just can’t understand it since in my opinion it’s the best time to be alive, with all the technological and scientific advances, better education and people working to end serious issues around the world, things aren’t perfect, far from that, but things are getting better. But every time I try to engage in discussion I’m called ignorant and naive, I just wish to understand a bit more about this, sorry if I didn’t explain very well 

We don't.Not even close to it.

People especially those young, learn everything from a phone or internet.People forget about Hitler and other world wars.

You explained it fine! 

I think the main problem with today’s society is.. simply a lot. You say technology has a faced society, and although it has in a sense, I think it has done more to deteriorate our society than anything. People aren’t truly living, they live on their phones instead. People think technology connects us but it actually does the opposite. I mean we make plans to hang out with people through our phones and guess what we’re doing when we end up hanging out.. we’re on our phones once again. 

Also social media has destroyed our society, making everyone insecure and jealous of one another, imagine these poor children growing up today who place their value in how many likes on Instagram they get? It’s tragic to say the least. 

The internet has made it easier to cheat as well. 

Then you look at things like politics.. never besides probably during the civil war has this county been so divided and it’s a shame. Never has who you voted for determined who you may or may not be friends with. 

I am very spiritual and truly believe we are living in the end of days. Just like in the time of sodom and Gomorrah.. If you do not study history you are bound to repeat it, and there are a lot of blinded souls. 

Yet still folk starving and global warming too?

Someone has to act in a global effort for

A global problem, with no wishing it away too.

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) Personal views cited

• martin

People tend to "project" their own feelings, either positive or negative, upon the rest of the world. To a mentally ill person, the world may seem horrible. But a sane person might have a more positive, constructive, and cheerful outlook.