As an Uber Driver, does your car have to be super clean?

my friend has a 2018 Civic Hatchback and its pretty clean from the seats and floor there is no clutter, but the passenger complained that his phone and it being on the mount, the dashcam on the windshield, and the sarah connor bopple head on the front dash made the car look unpleasant so she rated it low for being clean.

he also had a coffee mug in his front passenger seat which she said also made it look unpresentable

• Erik

I don't know, I have a car so I would never use Uber, but it's too old to drive for them, plus I don't have a smartphone.

Some people are just itching for something to complain about, and will never be satisfied. You see that if you read reviews on Yelp. You see 99 five star reviews and ONE  single star for a business. If you look at that person's reviews, They're ALL 1 star.

Keep the car washed and trash picked up, and it's enough.

The car should be clean.  I get nervous in the ride shares with their is too much _hit on the window/dashboard because I know it causes blind spots.  I wouldn't rate the guy less for this but I can see why someone may.

I rated the guy down when their were potato chip wrappers and a bunch of garbage in the back, he smelled like bo, he took forever to arrive even though he was only blocks away, and parked down the street instead of in front of my place. 

Drive a taxi.  You will not get complaints about the dead body in the back that you do not know anything about.

Welcome to this new generation.  In the old days, we just got a drivers license, slave our butts off to buy a Beretta or a Tempo with a leaking radiator and drove it.  No app, no rating and no Uber or Lyft.