Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 2 months ago

Can nausea and diarrhea be a sign of early pregnancy that a test won’t detect yet? ?

My husband and I are trying to conceive. The last few nights I’ve felt nauseous and I’ve had diarrhea all day long. Could this be a sign? I’ve taken two early response pregnancy tests and they were both negative, though. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • sarah
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

It's more likely a sign that you're coming down with a stomach bug.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

If a pregnancy test is negative or if it is too soon to test - then  you are not having pregnancy symptoms.

Pregnancy hormones cause pregnancy symptoms.  No hormones on a test means your current symptoms are not being caused by pregnancy.

That doesn't mean  you are not pregnant - you haven't even missed the period yet - it just means that whatever you have right now - it is not related to a possible pregnancy.  

• 2 months ago

No.  If ANY symptoms were caused by pregnancy, you would test positive.  By the time hCG is high enough to cause symptoms, it's well past the point where even a home test would detect it.   Diarrhea also is not a pregnancy symptom.

Sounds like you have a stomach bug.

• 2 months ago

Diarrhea is NOT a sign of pregnancy FIRST sign is a missed period

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pippin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Have you missed your period?  If not, it's too early to test and too early for symptoms.

Your symptoms sound like food poisoning or a stomach bug.

• Jill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No. If a pregnancy is not detectable on a test the hormones are not strong enough to cause any pregnancy symptoms.

• 2 months ago

There is a chance you could be pregnant but don’t get your hopes up. Some pregnancy tests will only tell you if you are 3 or mores weeks. Say if you got pregnant a week ago, it would not show up on the test yet. Wait a week or two and take another test.  

• Tri-Harder
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

ALL tests will only tell if you if you're 3 or more weeks, because implantation doesn't happen until at least 3 weeks gestation.  No implantation, no hCG.  No hCG, negative test.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

What do you really want from us?  What?  TIC TOC TIC TOC... Your tests were negative so now what? Your body is NOT pregnant!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No is the short answer.  If a test won't pick up a pregnancy, there are no symptoms from it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.