What book do you find yourself talking nonstop about?

I realized good books are the one that I'm constantly talking about and ones that i don't like are the ones I don't talk about.

• Andrew

I read a lot, so I'm usually talking about the book(s) I'm reading at the moment, but depending on the specifics of the conversation, I might be inclined to bring up any number of books if the topic swings in a direction where mentioning them might be apropos in that particular instance. 

When discussing novels:

"Journey to the End of the Night", Céline... "The Tin Drum", Grass... "Brighton Rock", Greene... "Under the Volcano", Lowry... "Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World", Murakami... "Pale Fire", Nabokov...  

When discussing short stories:

Raymond Carver, Roald Dahl, O. Henry, Dorothy Parker, Poe, Will Self...

When discussing non-fiction:

James Baldwin, Bill Bryson, Emil Cioran, R.F. Foster, Tony Horwitz, Ryszard Kapuściński.

Again, these are just general examples, as readers who are familiar with scores or even hundreds of authors and can thus talk about hundreds, if not thousands, of books, are bound to bring a great many different titles and authors into a discussion. 

When it comes to style, I love talking about Raymond Chandler and Cormac McCarthy.   

• Verity

"Nomadland" by Jennifer Bruder.

None, I have more to my life than one book.

• Ray1 month agoReport

have you ever read a book before?

• Jay

books are for boomers

• C

It's been over ten years since I first read "At Day's Close: a history of nighttime," which despite being a real slog to read (it's just so information dense) I still find myself shoehorning into every other conversation as I shall probably go on doing for the rest of my life.

Food and fashion