Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 10 months ago

Rear Ended  by a drunk driver?

A friend of mine was hit by a drunk driver who was taken into custody. It was the drunk drivers fault for the accident and are 100% liable. My friend didn t have insurance and is now purchasing a vehicle. When they get insurance what do they tell their new insurance commpany do they need to file a SR 22? Thank you.

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    10 months ago


  • 10 months ago

    "Your friend" was driving without insurance. That is why "they" will need the SR-22 for at least the next 3 years. Without this form, "they" cannot get insurance or, in some states, their driver's license reinstated.

  • 10 months ago

    Your "friend" does not need SR22 insurance because he was hit by a drunk driver.

    He needs SR22 insurance because he was breaking the law and driving without insurance. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.