What did Jesus mean when He said "I will not eat or drink with you anymore until fulfilled in the Kingdom/shall come" (Lk 22:16-17)?

JESUS SAID IN MATTHEW 12:28

" But if I cast out devils ***BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD,**** 

then the Kingdom of God is come unto you."

Consequently 

"THE SPIRIT OF GOD" 

is 

"THE KINGDOM OF GOD!"

LUKE 22:16-17 SAYS "I WILL NOT EAT OR DRINK WITH YOU ANMORE UNTIL ***FUFLILLED IN THE KINGDOM [WHO] SHALL COME" 

AND "THE SPIRIT OF GOD" (MATT 12:28) ***DID COME*** ON THE DAY OF PENTECOST (ACTS 1:2; 2:2-4).

DO WE NOW EAT AND DRINK WITH JESUS ***SPIRITUALLY*** (I CORINTHIANS 10:3-4)?

"...I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE: HE THAT COMETH TO ME SHALL NEVER HUNGER; AND HE THAT BELIEVETH ON ME SHALL NEVER THIRST" (JOHN 6:35) !

ISN'T ***"COMMUNION*** WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT"

NOW ***SPIRITUAL?***

Boy, you need a better Bible. He merely said that he would drink no more wine until his kingdom is established on the Earth -- and possibly the world has been renewed.

• Norine1 month agoReport

Boy, you need to change churches.  GOD doesn't live in buildings made with hands and HE is not coming to earth physically to establish a house called a Kingdom nor will HE make a new physical world.

The key word in that context is "new".

• Norine1 month agoReport

We eat "the Passover" IN SPIRIT (John 4:24; 6:35) as we "COMMUNE WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT" (II Cor 13:14) who is JESUS (John 14:18)

You should read more carefully.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Lk+22...

What he meant was:

I shall not eat it (i.e. the Passover meal) with you apostles again until the resurrection (of you apostles to everlasting life).

• Norine1 month agoReport

That's why JESUS SAID in Luke 22:16;18 "I will not eat and drink with you [anyone baptized with the Holy Ghost] until the Kingdom of God shall come or fulfilled in the Kingdom" 

Jesus Christ referred to himself as the “rock-mass” or petra; and it is upon himself as the “Christ, the Son of the living God,” that he builds his congregation, whom the gates of Haʹdes cannot overpower. Haʹdes, which is the common grave of mankind, did not overpower Jesus Christ himself, because, on the third day after dying and being buried, Almighty God raised him up to life.

For I set the pattern for you, that just as I did to you, you should also do. Most truly I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master, nor is one who is sent greater than the one who sent him. If you know these things, happy you are if you do them.”​—John 13:12-17. What a beautiful lesson in humble service! Jesus’ followers should not seek the first place, thinking that they are important and should be served. Rather, they should follow Jesus’ example, not by any ritual of foot washing, but by being willing to serve with humility and without partiality.

Source(s): jw.org
    • Norine1 month agoReport

Why do you call "foot washing" (Heb 9:11) a "RITUAL" and not water baptism when there is "the way of GOD more perfectly" for baptism (Acts 18:26) rather than a water baptism (Acts 18:25)?

GOD'S ***PERFECTION*** is not enough for Jw's?

It means he wouldn't have a meal until he was resurrected.

• Norine1 month agoReport

"This is My body" 

JESUS IS SPIRIT (II Cor 5:16).

EAT OF MY SPIRIT (John 6:35) and NEVER HUNGER AND THIRST (John 6:35)

"CHRIST IS THE PASSOVER" (I Cor 5:7)

CHRIST IS SPIRIT (II Cor 5:16)

Jesus is stating that he will Not have anything else to eat.  What time Jesus had went to Praying and suffering. 

The Catholic Ordered King James Bible has over 36,000 words added, removed, or changed to very different words!  Best if you got an honest translation of he Bible!  Like the NIV or NLT Bibles. 

• Norine1 month agoReport

You get one (Acts 1:2)!