I need help sleeping :(?

I wake up at 1 every night, then struggle to sleep again and I'm up until 4:00 am

I need to fix this, I got finals coming soon

A consistent sleep routine can be a real help. If possible, it’s best to have a sleeping environment that is quiet, cool, and comfortable. Going to bed at the same time every evening and waking up at the same time every morning also help.

• Carmen

Anxiety wears a person down in general physically emotionally mentally so pray for a calm heart and peace of mind and do other suggestions mentioned like sleep aids or sleepy time teas etc if nothing works consult your doctor for further options . 

• Steven

You need to do exercises and try to sleep on 10 pm, that is a correct time to sleep. hope it will help. I also face same type problem, if i get sleep after 10 pm. 

Set your time pattern for sleeping. Go every day on the bed at the same time and keep your cell phone or laptop away from your self. If it is possible to do some physical exercise so do.

Healthy living (eating right, exercise) as well as staying hydrated play a roll in your sleep patterns so make sure you are doing things.

You can try to get to bed earlier, this may help depending on what the reasoning you're waking up is.

I wouldn't try medication. They're are plenty of them that can help you sleep but they can also be dangerous and really bad for your health.

This is very basic but warm milk can help and so can avoiding electronics (phone, tv, tablet, laptop ect) and books right before bed.

You could also try tiring yourself out more, meaning do a lot during the day and you will be more likely to sleep through the night (but make sure you don't do a lot right before bed because then it will make you awake and you will have a harder time falling asleep.

If this all fails I would suggest talking to a doctor and they may be able to find a reason why it is happening or prescribe something to prevent it. 

Also, if you start taking naps to make up for sleep remember the 2 hour rule - taking 2 hours or less for a nap will help regenerate you and make you feel refreshed but anything more than that will actually have a negative tole on you and make you more tired ( I don't know why that's true but it is). 

I hope this helps.

• shroud

I think you should figure out why you wake at those times

it could be you're hearing something like a truck going by, a door being shut,

4am is a time many go to work, 1am might be someone going home from work

really think it was a sleep issue the time would be more random

Dont lay in bed with your phone or laptop before you go to sleep

Put some scotch tape over your eyelids.

exercise more..............................

I find 3-5 mg melatonin pills taken 2 hours before bed works