Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

Need to lose weight for farewell party?

My school farewell is coming up and i have to wear something similiar to what is shown in the photograph. I’m a sixteen year old female and starting from right now i have 2 months and 10 days to reach my goal. I’ve been overweight my whole life and i have tried many times to go on a diet or exercise but i have always failed miserably. My problem is that my parents won’t allow me to go to the gym, i have exams almost every month so all i do is sit and study and consume a lot of junk food. I don’t wanna be like suuuuper thin like thin enough that my stomach isn’t hanging out nor are my arms flabby since those are the main areas that are gonna show. I currently weigh 90 KGS!!!!!!! I think i migjt have pcos too. My height is 5 feet 7 inches. Please give me tips or a diet plan to follow;keeping in mind the little time i have, restriction on going to the gym and my busy student life. I don’t have weights or any sort of gym machinery at home either. Also at my house, at least one meal a day is ordered from w restaurant and it’s difficult to control when everyone else is eating 

the pic didn’t get attached so just google “saari” to get the reference

Weight loss is 80% diet.  If you want to lose weight, you need to accept that you will have to change what you eat, when you eat, and how much you eat. If you are unwilling to make the lifestyle changes required, you can't expect to see a change in your body.

1. Stop eating except at meals.  No snacks, no grazing, none.  Drink herbal tea with stevia or monk fruit sweetener or chew gum.

2. Eat a ketogenic diet.  That means you cut out bread, cereal, crackers, crisps, chips, pasta, potatoes, sweets and fruit.  Yes, all of that.  You eat lots of vegetables, about 2-3 3-ounce servings of protein a day, and good fats from stuff like olive oil, nuts, and avocados.  

3. Count your calories.  You need to eat between 1,000 and 1,500 calories a day.  

4. You're going to have to get over what other people eat and focus on what you need to eat -- and what you don't eat even if it is in the house. Work with your family on making healthy changes.  

5.  Understand portion size.  If you eat cereal or pasta or whatever, understand that 1 service is 1/2 cup -- that's it. Not a cup, not 2-3 cups.  If you can't go totally keto or low-carb, keep your servings of carbohydrates to 3-4 servings a day for a total of no more that 2 cups.

• .

"all i do is sit and study and consume a lot of junk food" -  so you know what the problem is. STOP consuming "a lot of junk food". It's up to you. You choose what to put in your mouth, and until you choose to stop being sedentary and eating junk food, your situation will not change in a positive way. In 2 months, you could reasonably lose around 18 lbs (approx 2 lbs/wk) by simply cutting out the junk food and focusing on eating an appropriate amount of calories and eating as much non-processed food as possible. Adding as much activity into your day as you can would help burn some extra calories (no gym required). Walk more. Take a 10 min break each hour or a 30 min break every 3 hrs and do some exercise (youtube has a TON of free workout videos). 

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Exercise isn't going to cause weight loss -- weight loss is 80% about what you're eating and only 20% about exercise. Plus, if a person wants to lose weight they need to eat whole healthy foods, no junk, no sugar, etc.

And you don't need to go to a gym to exercise. There is walking outdoors. There are thousands of exercise videos on YouTube which you can do in the comfort of your home. Do some research on YouTube.

And if you're serious about weight loss, you can control what you eat. You don't have to eat high carb foods or junk. You can get grilled meats without any sauces on them from restaurants and also plain steamed vegetables or salads with oil and vinegar dressing.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto

Stop eating junk food. Don't need the gym, just go for walks or something. Do SOMETHING.

You don't need to go to a gym to exercise -- walking is THE best exercise you can have.  Make it a point of walking more and farther.  You can do "weight training" with things around the house, using things like tins of food as weights.  You don't need equipment to do squats.  As for a diet plan, I highly recommend 16/8 fasting for quickest weight loss.  Look it up, but basically it is fasting without any food or calories for 16 hours, then consuming healthy, low carb foods during the 8-hour window.  Stick to lots of vegetables and moderate protein.  Salads are your friend.  Cut out sugar beyond what is naturally in fruits.   If you simply cannot prepare your own meal, only eat a portion of the meals that are provided you and limit yourself to one or two healthy, well-rounded meals a day.  Drink lots of water and avoid beverages with sugar.  It may sound grueling, but after a couple of days, it becomes second nature and when you see the pounds melting off, it keeps you motivated.  Good luck and enjoy your party!