Boyfriend broke up... how do I move on from this ?

I feel completely heartbroken right now. I had seen him for awhile yesterday which everything was fine...  My boyfriend was drinking with his cousins yesterday. Well he called me around 12 a.m he was drunk... so I was talking to him for awhile until I told him I had to let him go since I have to get up early.... anyways he hung up on me upset.. I had put my phone on silent after that.. well he called me like 10 times... leaves me a message that he wants to break up with me and that for me to not get mad if he doesn’t answer his phone anymore when I call.  I called him back... no answer. I called him back agian and he tells me that What he said was the truth and he is mad because I didn’t answer my phone. He told me that he doesn’t want any contact with me. I said a horrible thing to him out of anger and hurt. I just feel completely broken. Everything has been so good! We been together only for like 11 months and I’m just so confuse since this past weekend was perfect. How do I move on from this :(

• Foofa

He didn't dump you over this one thing and he's obviously been unhappy in the relationship for a while. Unless he's just an impetuous, demanding psycho. Either way things were never as "perfect" as you imagined and you will be better off without him.

You don't need some drunk moron in your life anyway.

You can do better.

How to move on? You realise when this boy has a skinful of booze he becomes someone you don't want to be with.

I sympathise, I know what its like to be a discarded fat girl. Eat some cakes and sweets, lots of chocolate and you will feel better. Fill the void of bitter pain and heartbroken destitution

• Josh1 month agoReport

I am sorry you were rejected for your obesity, I will be your boyfriend get in contact soon

You be brave and move on. He was drunk when he said all that but it was pretty unforgiveable so he's the one who has to make the first move if he changes his mind. He was rather childish getting angry because you didn't answer the phone to him so think about that whenever you feel down about the break up. Think of all the horrible stuff and consider yourself well out of it. He doesn't want contact? Fine. DON'T have any contact. Block him and don't answer his calls. Change your thoughts whenever he pops into your head and don't follow him or listen to friends talk about him. Tell them it's over and you are moving on and then stick to it. So sad after 11 months when you'd become fond of him. View it as a lucky escape. Who wants to be with someone who doesn't want to be around them. Force yourself to go out with the girls and have a great time (even if you don't feel like it). Show the world you are a survivor and what a dope he was to have lost you. Good luck

Apparently your ex is an idiot - and he's using this minor issue as an excuse to do something he probably would done anyway.

Be thankful it's over, and move on.

• Brian

Alcohol is a mind altering drug and he dared to try to engage you in his sloppy thinking/conversation while in an altered state. Now you're paying a price for trying to be courteous to him and he can't appreciate you. He chose a substance over you in this case... and know you're worth a lot more than a liquid high of sorts. You found his drunken can, you can find someone better next time!

I have gone through a similar thing and I have got past the whole rebound stage. Providing you're above 21,  I have decided to become your boyfriend. He was no good for you anyway. I will never let you down. Get in contact soon * Oh i want a sweet natured girl, if youre bitchy no need to apply. Additonally "ughh ughh u be brave and move on, time is a healer blah blah blah cliche blah blah"

Have you ever tried to juggle oranges covered in baby oil? That is what a relationship is like, think about it.

Simple....get yourself a man an not a dramatic drunk boy.